Orchards at Orenco Grand Opening Celebration June 29th
Join Orenco Station for a grand opening celebration at the Orchards at Orenco on Monday, June 29th from 10:30 to 12:00 pm at 6520 NE Cherry Drive in Hillsboro, Oregon!
In addition to keynote Bonamici, developer REACH will welcome State Representative Joe Gallegos, Hillsboro Mayor Jerry Willey, and Executive Director of Passive House US Katrin Klingenberg.
There are many benefits to the Orchards at Orenco, including many environmental ones, like the Orchards at Orenco using as much as 70 percent less energy than buildings certified by the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED program. This will result in up to a 90% energy bills for the tenants. Other benefits include superior indoor air quality, balanced thermal comfort throughout the apartment(s), and reduced outdoor noise inside the apartments.
Some other benefits include:
- Community gardens providing healthy food options as well as storm water management and detention systems.
- ImagineEnergy tracking system designed to track and improve upon our tenants energy usage habits by utilizing important information. Incentives will be offered based on the most efficient users.
- Parking reduction based upon proximity to transit, reducing impervious surfaces and increasing usable open space, including adding raised garden beds. Ample bicycle parking.
- Low impact storm water swales.
- Historical interpretive area including heritage Orenco apple trees and recycled concrete foundation from Oregon Nursery Company packing shed.
- Construction of bike lanes on both street frontages.
- Native and drought tolerant landscaping and low flow/drip irrigation system.
- Orchards will be one of the first to offer the benefits and savings of Passive House to low-income families.
Contrary to many other housing units in the area,
REACH is tackling the growing shortage of affordable rental housing in the region by offering the Orchards at Orenco, a three-phase development with rents affordable to residents earning approximately 50% of area Median Family Income (MFI)… Rents at the 57-unit first phase building range from $611-$733/month. During June, REACH will break ground on Phase II, a 58-unit building located on land adjacent to Phase I. Phase II has an estimated twelve month construction period.
Stop by on Monday for the grand opening celebration!